Saturday, March 13, 2010

You Call This Snow

I miss snow as crazy as that may sound..I miss the white fluff of the 1st snow fall, not the nasty gray slush left after every vehicle in town as driven through it..I miss stepping into it and just sinking down because your not sure where the ground is or how deep the snow is..I miss tasting snow flakes..I miss the feel of snow hitting my face as it falls..

We had a couple of snowy days recently.. nothing for the weather books in my opinion..Would you believe everything comes to a stand still in this town when it snows..Schools close..Businesses close..Supermarket shelves are emptied and everyone hunkers down and waits for it to pass..Wait for what 3 inches of snow..I still can't believe that it cripples an entire city..

It was unheard of for us to miss school because of snow..You just had to put on snow suit, your big boots, hat and gloves and you were on your way..And you better not be late..

New York recently had a few heavy snow storms that caused schools to close..Are you kidding me..Are New Yorkers getting soft or what..Put on your big boots and get back out there..

Well that's all passed now.. Spring is around the corner..Cant wait for all of the new plumage..I love fresh flowers and the smell of fresh cut grass..But I would still take a good snowfall any day..

No comments:

Post a Comment